11 Wynnefield Road, Rathimines
The granite-built house that comprises the rear started life as a dwelling house in the 1840s. It was accessed by the side passageway which was once part of an arterial system of public lanes.
Edwin Deale and Son Ltd. was established here in 1938, selling twine, paper, and stationery across Ireland. The company operated from 11 Wynnefield Rd until 1997. The Deales Morton Group took over, and became one of the largest importers of office furniture. The group operated here until 2007.
The premises was then used by the Rathmines and Pembrooke Community Partnership, until 2014.
The Swan, one Dublin’s 55 hidden rivers, runs in an early nineteenth century culvert under Wynnefield Rd., the invisible well-spring of serenity for all who work in New Work Junction.